You might have read the series of books titled “Chicken Soup For The Soul”, but have you ever wondered why these books were titled that way? Well, these books were international best selling inspirational books, but they have nothing to do with chicken soup in any way.
They, however, do show how popular and well-liked chicken soup is worldwide. Chicken soup has been hailed as a great remedy for colds and chest congestions for quite a long time now. Nothing can be more gratifying than a bowl of piping hot chicken soup on a cold winter’s day or a humid rainy day.
Though you can have chicken soup right from a nearby restaurant, there is absolutely nothing that can match the taste of the homemade chicken soup. Making chicken soup is no rocket science.
With a dash of ingenuity, the right measure of ingredients, and some patience you can have the most refreshing and delicious chicken soup that will rejuvenate your mind and body right at home. Scroll down to go through some of the celebrated chicken soup recipes you can make at home and enjoy with folks.
Homemade Chicken Soup
- 500 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 3-4 Carrots (chopped)
- A handful of fresh Coriander (chopped)
- 1 stalk Celery (chopped)
- 2 Chicken Breast (skinless and boneless)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Bring the chicken stock to boil in a pan and then add in the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Now reduce the heat to low and add the chicken. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken carefully and cut it into pieces and return it to the pot. Put in the coriander leaves, required amount of salt and pepper, and serve hot.
Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 1 lb Chicken breast (boneless and diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Carrot (diced)
- 12 to 16 oz Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 large rib of Celery (diced)
- ¾ heavy Cream
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 4 cups of Chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 4 Green Onions (sliced)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- ½ tsp Thyme (dried)
- ½ tsp Salt (to taste)
- Heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Stir in the diced carrot, chicken, and celery. Cook stirring continuously until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms get tender. Once the mushrooms are tender, stir in the flour until it blends well, and then add the chicken broth and thyme.
- Bring the heat to simmer and continue cooking and stirring. Now cover the pan and reduce the heat to low, cook for 10-16 minutes or until the vegetables get tender.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir in the cream and heat thoroughly before serving.
Curried Chicken Soup
- A cup of Half-And-Half
- 3 cups of Chicken broth
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp seasoned salt
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup of Rice (cooked)
- ½ – 1 tsp Curry powder
- ½ cup of Chicken (cooked and diced)
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients together and let them simmer over a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes on the heat, sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley and serve.
These easy chicken soup recipes will help you win your guest’s heart and bring you many accolades.
3 Easy Chicken Soup Recipes