Table of Contents
Are you wondering why the beef you have grilled, or fried, or barbequed does not taste up to the mark? Instead of succulent, tender, and juicy meat, do you have to contend with the dry and rubbery excuse of a beef dish? If such is the case then you must know that you have missed an important part of the cooking process.
The part that you have missed is preparing the meat just before cooking, and by preparing we mean marinating the beef. Almost everyone has heard of marinating meat, but perhaps very few know its importance. Some meat cuts happen to be very tough and to tenderize them, they should be marinated in either acidic or enzymatic concoction called a marinade.
Apart from tenderizing the meat, the marinade also enhances the flavor of the meat. That is why many marinades contain different types of spices and herbs to infuse the meat with new flavors. It is said that the taste of any meat dish depends more on the expert use of marinade recipes than on the meat itself. So, if you cook the beef in special marinade recipes, then you are sure to have a tender, juicy as well as a flavorful dish. Read below for a few delectable beef marinade recipes.
Beer Beef Marinade
- 1 cup Draught Stout
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper (coarse ground)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 large Shallots (freshly diced)
- 1 cup Vidalia Onion (diced)
- 8 large cloves Garlic (freshly minced)
- 2 large Green Jalapeno Peppers (freshly minced)
- 1 large bunch Coriander (diced)
- 1/4 cup Ginger Soy Sauce
- Take the draught stout in a medium-sized bowl. To this add the extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, Vidalia onion, shallots, garlic, jalapeño peppers, coriander, and ginger soy sauce. Whip these into a smooth and even marinade.
- This marinade can be used in any form of steaks and chicken. Pork steaks should be marinated for six hours, and beef steaks for approximately twelve hours. Chicken and fish should be marinated for two to six hours.
Lemon Herb Beef Marinade
- 1/2 cup Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Grated rind of 2 Lemons
- 1 tbsp fresh Basil
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- In a baking dish, place the beef steaks and pour the marinade over them. Refrigerate the steak and marinate for two hours and turn the steaks at frequent intervals.
- Before cooking, let the steaks stand at room temperature for twenty minutes.
Simple Beef Marinade
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 4 oz Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 oz Soy Sauce
- 4 oz Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 oz Worcestershire Sauce
- Take all the ingredients in a large bowl. Then whisk all the ingredients until smooth.
- Marinade the beef for approximately seven hours in a refrigerator. Before grilling, leave the meat at room temperature for fifteen minutes.
Special Beef Marinade
- 4 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried Greek Oregano
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. Pour the marinade over the beef and ensure that every part of the marinade is coated with it.
- Leave the beef in the marinade for four hours before cooking.
If you are looking to infuse your beef dish with more flavors, then the recipes for beef marinade will help you to prepare marinades to do just that.