Açaí always sounds so exotic to me. With its fancy accents and pronunciation, it just seems to lift the ‘expertise’ level of whatever your making! Although it is on the expensive side, you only need a little to get all the awesome health benefits. Açaí is high in anthocyanins (the word you will have heard people talking about) to help protect your cells from nasty ‘free radicals’.
Açaí also helps with digestion, boosts your immune system, and may even promote anti-aging! Honestly, just google Açaí, because the list of health benefits of these little berries is extensive. While Açaí berries themselves might be difficult to find in your local supermarket, check out the health food aisle (or maybe your local pharmacy/health store) for some powered Açaí. As I have said, it is expensive, but a little goes a long way 🙂
- 1Tb Açaí powder
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Cinnamon, seeds, granola, etc to decorate
- Throw everything into the blender, except the decorations, and blend until smooth.
- Remember that you can play around with the amount of liquid (in this case, milk) that you put into the smoothie. It will all depend on the thickness you prefer.
I’ve decorated my bowl with extra cinnamon and chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and a cinnamon stick 😉