Amazing Prawn Rocket Zuchetti Salad Recipe
It’s never a bad thing to reduce the amount of gluten in the diet, and when you can replace wheat with an amazingly tasty vegetable-based alternative, even better! This Zucchini Spaghetti Salad is a raging success with the whole family. Filled with luxurious Italian-inspired flavors, carb-lovers won’t even notice the pasta is made from fresh veggies!
- 100g packet of Krispkut™ Mediterranean Rocket
- 6 large zucchini
- Sea salt
- ½ cup good-quality basil pesto
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup shaved parmesan
- Basil leaves, to serve
- *Vegan base can add seafood — prawns are especially good.
- Using a mandolin, vegetable peeler, or spiraliser slice zucchini into noodles or ribbons. Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with 1 Tbsp sea salt. Allow to drain for 30 minutes, then rinse well and pat dry with a paper towel. Toss zucchini with pesto, tomatoes, lemon zest, oil, and pine nuts, then season.
- On a large serving platter, create a bed of rocket leaves. Pile zucchini noodles onto the rocket bed, sprinkle with the lemon juice, parmesan shavings, and drizzle with a little extra oil. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with basil.