Table of Contents
Fed up of watching your kids and even elders avoiding spinach because of its bitter taste! How about preparing quick spinach salads that are not just visually appealing but also appeal to the taste buds? Spinach has scores of antioxidants and vitamins stored in it and should not be avoided at any cost.
Besides keeping our vision sharp, spinach also makes our bones and muscles healthy. This green is readily available, nearly all over the world, and can be easily bought from local stores, supermarkets, and fresh farms.
Who can forget the famous cartoon character, Popeye, who used to get instant superhuman strength to vanquish his mortal enemies by just downing a can of spinach in one quick gulp! It may not have the same effect on your kids (!!) but the example can surely entice your kids into the healthy world of spinach. Read some of the easy and delicious spinach recipes given below and try it out at home with just basic ingredients.
Creamy Spinach Salad
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- A dash of Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 cups fresh Spinach Leaves, stems trimmed and torn into pieces.
- For the dressing, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, hot pepper sauce, celery, onion, and eggs. Mix well and refrigerate for some time.
- In a large bowl, put the shredded cheese and spinach and toss well with chilled dressing.
- Serve fresh.
Spinach Salad With Strawberries
- 5 cups fresh torn Spinach
- 2 cups sliced Strawberries
- 2 ounces Gouda Cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup Toasted Pecans
- 2 tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- In a large bowl, mix together spinach, strawberries, cheese, and toasted pecans. Keep it aside.
- For the dressing, combine lime juice, honey, vegetable oil, and ginger in another bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over spinach mixture and toss gently just before serving.
Spicy Spinach Salad Recipe
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Salad Oil
- 2 tbsp Chutney (any kind)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp dry Mustard
- 2 tbsp Green Onions
- 8 cups fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups chopped Apple
- ½ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Peanuts (optional)
- For the dressing, combine vinegar, oil, chutney, sugar, salt, curry powder, and mustard and store it in a jar. Cover and chill.
- Place spinach pieces in a large salad bowl and top it up with apples, raisins, green onions, and peanuts.
- Pour over the chilled dressing over the salad gradually and serve.
Spinach Potato Salad
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1 cup chopped Onions
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Tarragon
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water till tender, and drain them. Keep them aside in a large bowl.
- Add spinach to the bowl of potatoes.
- For the dressing, add mustard, onions, sour cream, salt, pepper, and all the herbs and mix thoroughly. Let this dressing sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Pour the dressing on the bowl of spinach and potatoes and toss lightly.
- Place the salad on the serving platter and serve.
Now, next time you find your children or loved ones making faces at spinach, make these finger-licking and yummy spinach salads, and don’t forget to mention Popeye – that might just do the trick for you!
4 Amazing Spinach Salad Recipes For You