Summer is the worst time for cooking and staying for long hours in the kitchen is something really dreadful. Cooking up simple and delicious recipes in a toaster oven might be a better idea than fighting it out with sweat in the kitchen for long. People mostly think of microwave ovens when easy cooking comes to mind. Toaster ovens can well replace them.
Cakes, pizzas, meatloaves, various types of sandwiches, and crackers can be cooked easily in toaster ovens. They are good replacements for other oven types because of their fast cooking ability and energy-saving quality. Small food items like fries, toasts, muffins, roasts, and cream rolls can be cooked with maximum effectiveness in toaster ovens.
If you are running out of time or do not want to spend much time in the kitchen, then your best cooking option is here. The cooking is quicker in toaster ovens than the other ovens because of infrared radiation and electrical energy quickly changing into heat energy.
Toaster ovens are cooking friendly because of their slow heat option which lets cooking different food items evenly and at a balanced temperature. Read on to learn some simple toaster oven recipes.
Snack Cake Toaster Oven Delight
- A cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Half cup milk
- 1 tsp essence/extract (anything like vanilla or lemon going by your preference of taste).
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- A cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- Take a bowl and mix sifted flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another glass bowl take milk. Put it on heat till it starts to steam. Bring it out and add butter. Stir it till the butter melts. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Beat and whip the eggs till they are soft. Keep adding sugar slowly while beating the eggs.
- Add warm milk to the eggs.
- Pour the entire milk on the egg and butter mix. Whip for long.
- Now add flour mixture.
- Add the vanilla or lemon extract in the end.
- Take an aluminum foil pan and grease it with butter.
- Pour the entire batter in it.
- Bake the cake for half an hour at 350°C.
Easy Pizza Recipe
- A pack of pizza bases
- Half green pepper (thinly sliced)
- A quarter cup of onion (finely chopped indices)
- Mozzarella or cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 pound cooked hot sausage
- 5 eggs
- Grease a pizza pan with butter.
- Evenly spread the pizza bread.
- Cook sausages and nicely drain them out of oil.
- Beat the eggs. Pour them evenly on the pizzas.
- Spread all other ingredients evenly on the pizzas.
- Bake the pizzas in the toaster oven at 350°C for around 20 minutes.
- The cheese should melt and spread over the pizzas nicely.
- The crust should be brown before taking the pizzas out.
Simple Toaster Oven Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground/minced beef
- 1 egg
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 chopped small sized onion
- 5 tbsp pizza sauce
- Milk, for soaking the bread
- Choice of Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take milk in a bowl.
- Soak up the bread in the milk.
- Spread the beef evenly in a bowl. Add onion, pepper, and herbs.
- Tear up the bread and add the pieces into the meat bowl.
- Make dough out of the meat mix.
- In a pan pour sauce. Keep aside 2 tbsp sauce for topping.
- Add a few drops of water to the pan.
- Take out the well-kneaded beef loaf and fit it finely into the pan.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake the meat in the preheated oven for an hour or so.
- Take out the foil and add 2 tbsp sauce on top.
- Put back the dish into the toaster oven and cook for another 15 minutes before taking it out of the oven.
Toaster oven recipes are easy to prepare and save a lot of energy. Save time and make great lip-smacking food items at home with these easy toaster oven recipes.