Mmmm pesto and pasta – a match made in heaven! But don’t you need basil, pine nuts, and cheese to make pesto? No way! Today we are putting a spin on traditional pesto and using 100% plant-based ingredients. Deliciously peppery wild rocket, roasted cashews, and zesty lemon create a pesto that is lighter and fresher in taste, complementing perfectly with the richness of smoked chicken in this yummy pasta salad.
- 250g wholemeal corkscrew pasta
- 400g cold smoked Chicken
- Rocket and Cashew Pesto
- 100g packet of Krispkut™ Mediterranean Rocket
- ½ cup roasted, salted cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Cracked pepper
- A handful of roasted salted cashews
- Lemon wedges
- Make the dressing: whisk garlic paste, grapefruit juice, vinegar, and mustard. Add oil, whisking until creamy. Whisk in parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the salad: on a platter, toss arrange the cos, rocket, fennel, radishes, and dressing. Add parmesan, Parma ham, grapefruit, and dressing and toss gently.