Whenever my mother comes over, my kids keep asking her to make her famous country apple dumplings. Her recipe is amazing, we just love her country apple dumplings! Here’s her recipe.
Simple, easy, and sweet! I tried making this myself many times, but what can I say, my mother has her on a touch of deliciousness! Give it a shot, you will enjoy it.
- 2 large granny Smith peeled and cored apples.
- 2 (10 ounces) cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough.
- 1 cup of butter.
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar.
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle of Mountain Dew.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Cut each apple into 8 wedges and roll each wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch the dough to seal and place the rolls in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and mix it with sugar and cinnamon. Once the sugar dissolves pour the mixture over the apple dumplings. Top with the Mountain Dew.
- In a preheated oven to 350° bake for 35 to 45 minutes.