Everybody enjoys a good barbecued chicken preparation. Here we illustrate an impossible to get- wrong recipe for BBQ chicken following a few easy steps. The ingredients listed below make for serving the entire family.
- 12 chicken thighs (preferably skin-on)
- 3 cups of BBQ sauce of your choice
- ½ a cup of Peach Preserves
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil for brushing purposes
- Hot sauce
How to Prepare the BBQ Chicken in the oven
- To begin with, mix the BBQ sauce, hot sauce, garlic, and peach preserves in a pan and cook on a medium flame until the mixture becomes warm.
- This will take an average of five to ten minutes after which the preparation is set aside to be used later.
- At this juncture, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a rimmed sheet pan and brush it with a small quantity of olive oil.
- Place the chicken thighs on the pan and roast them for the next twenty-five minutes.
- At this point, brush the sauce all over the chicken using a spatula to roll them over carefully so as to not tear the delicate skin.
- Having done this let the chicken cook for another seven minutes in the oven.
- Repeat the same process one more time and let it roast for seven more minutes at an elevated temperature of 425 degrees.
- The roasting continues for another five to seven minutes until the sauce on the chicken shows tell-tale signs of browning which is indicative of the fact that the thighs are cooked completely.
- At this point, remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before putting it on a plate and serving it up.
Things to Keep in Mind during the Preparation of BBQ Chicken in the oven
This recipe is fairly simple and difficult to get wrong. At the same time, you could keep a few pointers in mind if it’s your first barbecue preparation. Use a paper towel to dry the chicken thighs after placing them on the pan for the first time. Flip the thighs around and apply the sauce all over, and most importantly, keep track of the different time intervals for which the chicken is to be kept inside the oven.