I have always loved finding new variations of traditional main courses and this is a great alternative to Chicken Cordon Bleu.
This one incorporates a tasty wine sauce, rather than taking the breaded chicken approach. I think when you try it, you will agree “different” is better!
It goes together in minutes and tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen.
If you are looking for a different version of Chicken Cordon Bleu, you will love this variation. The sauce is a very tasty addition rather than the traditional breaded chicken version.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use 5 oz size)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dry parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- sliced ham
- sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Herb stuffing mix
- Lay chicken in a large baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix soup, sour cream, wine, and seasonings.
- Lay a slice of ham on top of each piece of chicken. Repeat with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Top with Herb Stuffing Mix.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350-degree oven.