These delicious morsels have a tasty and moist fish and spinach filling with a crispy rice paper coating. We love rice paper, it’s like nature’s glad wrap’! It looks beautiful, tastes great, and helps us eat our salad without cutlery! Perfect for a healthy picnic, school lunches, or party canapés. This recipe is just as delicious with lamb, chicken, or duck.
- 130g packet Krispkut™ Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 24 small rice paper wrappers
- 400g fish fillets, cut into small, thin pieces
- oil for cooking
- 125ml bottle Krispkut™ Japanese-style Sesame Dressing
- 1 Tbsp each: lemon or lime juice, soy sauce
- To prepare the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- Blanch the Krispkut Baby Spinach in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Refresh under cold water and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Place the spinach in a bowl and stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Dip a rice paper wrapper in a bowl of hot water for about 30 seconds, or until it is soft. Pat dry and place on a flat surface. Top with a piece of fish and a teaspoon of the spinach mixture. Fold up the sides of the wrapper to form a square. Place the roll on a piece of baking paper, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining rice paper wrappers and filling.
- Heat about 1cm of oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
Makes 24 rolls.