Easy Italian Meatballs Recipes Delicious Main Dish
Whether it’s the main course meal, a light appetizer, or a simple snack item, meatballs are savored and enjoyed anytime during the day. Add them to any of your preparations and present them at functions or events, and see the countless praises and accolades you receive for such a delectable and appetizing delicacy.
That’s the kind of reputation meatballs enjoy across the globe. And when it comes to Italian cuisine, meatballs are eaten like American hamburgers. The Italian variants are not only easy to cook but also convenient to serve with any main course dish.
However, while the world relishes Italian meatballs cooked traditionally in tomato sauce and served over boiled spaghetti, it is rare to see such a combination in the place of its origination, Italy. Such is the versatility of Italian meatballs that apart from simple butter noodles, these delicious and yummy Italian meatballs can be added to casseroles and spaghetti sauces as well. Go through the following lines to learn how to make perfect and most delicious Italian meatballs. Time to go Italiano!
Classic Italian Meatballs
- 3-5 pounds ground round or sirloin Beef
- 1 pound hot and/or sweet Sausage (remove from the casing, or you can use ground turkey or chicken)
- 6-8 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1½ cups grated Romano Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- Handful of chopped fresh or dried sweet Basil
- 1-2 tbsp crushed Red Pepper (or more according to your taste)
- ½ cup Milk
- Vegetable oil (for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Place beef and sausage in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and pour eggs.
- Chop garlic finely and add over the eggs.
- Add bread crumbs, Romano cheese, basil, red pepper, and milk. Mix well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into golf ball sized balls and shape well.
- Place the balls in the baking pan at an inch distance and bake for 30 minutes.
- Use them immediately or transfer them into a zip lock bag and freeze for future use.
Italian Meatballs With Spaghetti
- 1 pound ground Lean Beef (7% or less fat)
- 2 cups (¾ lb) finely chopped Onions
- 1 large Egg White
- 3 tbsp fine dried Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) Tomato Purée
- 1/3 cup dry Red Wine
- 1/3 cup fat-skimmed Beef Broth
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¾ pound dried Spaghetti
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped Parsley
- Oil (for frying)
- Boil 2½ to 3 quarts of water in a 5-6 quart pan on high heat.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together beef, ½ cup onions, egg white, bread crumbs, ½ tbsp garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend the mixture nicely.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into an even ball.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan.
- Drop the meatballs into the pan in small batches and fry until they turn brown on all sides.
- Transfer into a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1½ cups onion and ½ tbsp garlic to the pan. Sauté until the onions start browning, for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, red wine, beef broth, basil, and sugar. Stir and cook until the mixture starts boiling.
- Add the cooked meatballs into the mixture and allow the sauce to boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes, until the meatballs are no longer pink in the center, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until almost tender, for about 7-9 minutes. Drain well.
- Pile the spaghetti in the form of a mountain into a wide serving bowl.
- Place meatballs over the spaghetti.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, spreading all over the spaghetti as well.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve hot with more cheese on the side.
Wait no more! Gather all the ingredients and cook up tasty and nutritious Italian meatballs, and complete your meal with a good green salad on the side.