Shepherd’s pie is the ultimate meat and potatoes meal and one of the most popular main dishes in my home.
This meal has it all! Meat, corn, potatoes, and cheese….kids love this and so will the men in your life. Comfort food at its best served right at home!
You may want to make extras and freeze one in preparation for another busy night. Makes a great potluck choice as well!
The ultimate meat and potatoes meal is Shepherd’s Pie. My family loves this recipe and I am sure your family will too.
For “just like homemade” mashed potatoes, use whole milk when preparing the instant potatoes. Definitely makes a difference!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s seasoning
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- 1 can cream of mushrooms soup
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- instant mashed potatoes (prepare for 10-12 servings)
- Brown ground beef with onion and Tony’s until cooked. Drain grease.
- Put meat in a bowl and add 1 cup of cheddar, soup, milk, corn, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spread meat mixture in a baking dish.
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions for 10-12 servings.
- Spread potatoes on top of the meat mixture.
- Top potatoes with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until heated throughout and bubbly around the edges.