A very fast tomato-cucumber salad to put together and it’s very light and healthy.
Tomatoes and cucumbers are the staples of just about every summer kitchen. I had plans to do an elaborate salad for the holiday weekend, but when it came down to it, I went quick and easy with my tomato-cucumber salad. As a non-mayo, vinegar-based salad, it travels well and doesn’t go bad quickly on a hot summer day. If you don’t want to mess with a dressing, store-bought will work just fine and save even more time.
- 2 whole cucumbers.
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- fresh parsley
- fresh dill
- Olive Oil
- Red Vinegar
- Peel skin from cucumbers, slice in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
- Slice the cucumber in half again and slice thinly across all down the length of the cucumber.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl.
- Slice the tomato to be in a similar size and shape as the cucumbers; leaving the seeds and juice behind adding the tomato to the cucumber in the bowl.
- Thinly slice the green cucumbers and add to the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Add 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and 2 tbs of olive oil to a small container.
- Finely chop parsley and dill and stir into a bowl or jar (that has a lid) with olive oil and vinegar.
- Place lid on top of the bowl with the dressing and shake.
- Add to the tomato-cucumber mixture and toss.