- 2 cups peeled cored and chopped fresh pineapple
- 11 ounce can mandarin orange sections drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 1/3 cup Picante sauce
- 12 ounces beef flank or boneless sirloin steak cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups packaged torn mixed salad greens
- For pineapple salsa in a medium bowl gently stir together pineapple, mandarin oranges, sweet pepper, and Picante sauce then set aside.
- Trim fat from steak then thinly slice across the grain.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- In a large skillet cook and stir, half of the seasoned steak in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes then remove from skillet and repeat with remaining steak.
- Arrange salad greens on plates on the top with steak and salsa.