Smoothies are awesome because blending ruptures plant cells, releasing greens’ full nutritional potential to the body. Would you like to get your 5+ a Day done and dusted before you leave the house in the morning? If you are looking to incorporate masses of greens into your diet – look no further! The Green Goodness Smoothie will help you get your glow on. It has you sorted for over 3 cups of leafy greens and vegetables in one giant gulp!
- 1½ -2 cups water or almond milk
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 2 cups spinach
- 3-4 celery stalks
- 2 pears
- 1 banana
- Juice of ½ a fresh lemon
- Add a tablespoon of healthy fat – coconut oil, hemp seed oil, or ½ an avocado- to help your body assimilate nutrients
- For detox, add 1 small bunch of coriander or 1 small bunch of parsley
- Place everything into a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until bright green, smooth and creamy. Serve immediately. It tastes amazing as it is but you can always add berries or seeds if you want to pretty it up!
- Note: If you have a regular blender (not a high-speed Vitamix), it’s best to blend the liquid and fruit first. Then add the greens, then ice.