Lamb is an all-time kiwi favorite, and it doesn’t always need to be served with mash and gravy! This fresh, wholesome lamb salad is light, energizing, and healthy. For vegetarians, the salad and dressing are delicious in its own right, and you can always add toasted almonds for a protein boost.
- 130g packet Krispkut™ Baby spinach
- 150g packet Krispkut™ Baby Cos Hearts
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 medium avocados
- 1-2 handfuls Broccoli Sprouts
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
For the lamb
- Heat the oven to 200° Celsius.
- Moisten the loin chops with 1 tsp. of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining oil. Once very hot, sear the lamb for 3 minutes on each side, undisturbed.
- Transfer lamb loins to the oven and roast until the chops register 55°C on a thermometer for medium-rare, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the chops to a cutting board or serving platter. Let rest while you prepare the salad.
For the Salad
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a pint-sized glass jar and shake well.
- Arrange greens, sprouts, and coriander on a serving platter. Scatter chopped avocado and dried cranberries and about ¼ cup of the dressing and toss gently (keep the extra dressing for the table).
- When ready to serve, slice lamb in half centimeter pieces and lay over the top of the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.