We love aubergine! Its gorgeous deep purple skin adds color and depth to any dish. Its satisfying texture is very versatile thick slices are sturdy enough to grill to serve as a hearty vegetarian ‘steak’, while chunks of roasted eggplant can be pureed into a silky, smooth dip. This aubergine ‘steak’ salad is delicious served with grilled beef or lamb, or add couscous for a healthy vegetarian lunch.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large aubergine
- 130g Krispkut™ Mesclun with Herbs
- 150g ready-to-eat dried apricots, sliced
- 150g quark*, or crumbled feta
- * Quark is a light, moist, fluffy cheese with a crisp, mild flavour
- Krispkut™ Mango Citrus Vinaigrette,
- 125 ml verjuice
- 70g pomegranate molasses
- Juice and rind of one small lemon
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan to hot. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Slice the aubergine into 1.5cm thick slices and brush with the oil mixture. Cook the aubergine steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Place on a serving platter. In a bowl, combine the Krispkut™ Mesclun with Herbs, dried apricots, and quark/feta cheese with dressing. Arrange on top of the aubergine steaks.