Mesclun with Herbs & Aubergine Steaks with Apricot & Feta Recipe
We love aubergine! Its gorgeous deep purple skin adds color and depth to any dish. Its satisfying texture is very versatile thick slices are sturdy enough to grill to serve as a hearty vegetarian ‘steak’, whole chunks of roasted eggplant can be pureed into a silky, smooth dip. This aubergine ‘steak’ salad is delicious served with grilled beef or lamb, or add couscous for a healthy vegetarian lunch.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large aubergine
- 130g Krispkut™ Mesclun with Herbs
- 150g ready-to-eat dried apricots, sliced
- 150g quark*, or crumbled feta
- * Quark is a light, moist, fluffy cheese with a crisp, mild flavour
- Krispkut™ Mango Citrus Vinaigrette,
- 125 ml verjuice
- 70g pomegranate molasses
- Juice and rind of one small lemon
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan to hot. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Slice the aubergine into 1.5cm thick slices and brush with the oil mixture. Cook the aubergine steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Place on a serving platter. In a bowl, combine the Krispkut™ Mesclun with Herbs, dried apricots, and quark/feta cheese with dressing. Arrange on top of the aubergine steaks.