This colorful salad captures the essence of Kiwi Christmas with ripe red strawberries, chives, and mesclun. To make it a meal, top with grilled chicken breast.
Serves: 4 as a side salad
- 130g Krispkut™ Mesclun with Herbs
- 250g fresh strawberries, sliced
- 100g creamy brie, cubed
- ½ cup Fresh chives, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 70g pecan nuts
- Optional: Grilled chicken sliced on top
- 125ml bottle Krispkut™ Balsamic & Olive Oil Vinaigrette (OR, balsamic and olive oil)
- Arrange the Krispkut™ Mesclun with Herbs in a shallow bowl or platter. Top with the sliced strawberries and dot over the cubes of brie. Add sliced, grilled chicken if desired.
- Heat the maple syrup in a small frypan, add the pecans and cook them for 2-3 minutes until they are toasted and sticky. Transfer the pecans to a piece of baking paper and leave them to set and harden.
- Roughly chop the pecans, scatter them over the salad, and drizzle over the Krispcut™ Balsamic & Olive Oil Vinaigrette to serve.