- 4 (6 – 8 oz) Ostrich steaks
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Sea Salt and Cracked black pepper
- 2 Banana Shallots (Finely diced)
- 1 tsp Garlic puree
- 1/4 Litre apricot brandy (reserve 1 tbsp)
- 1/3 Litre Demi-glace sauce (Buy a carton, it’s easier…)
- A little chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Mild Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Whole grain mustard
- 2 large plum tomatoes (Skinned, Seeded, and diced.)
- 2 tbsp Finely shredded parsley
- 25g Diced cold butter
- Reduce the Brandy with the shallot and garlic by 4/5ths. Add the mustard and demi-glace sauce to the Brandy syrup and bring to a gentle simmer, season lightly and keep warm.
- Heat the oil until in a frying pan, season the Ostrich with cracked black pepper and a little sea salt and fry over a medium to high heat for 2 – 3 minutes, turn over and repeat. Set aside to rest.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the reserved Brandy and stock and pour it into the sauce.
- Whisk the butter, piece by piece into the sauce to give richness and gloss. Plate the steaks and spoon the sauce over.