I wanted to share a really quick and easy dinner idea with you. For those days you just want to throw something together, without too much of a hassle, while still having a tasty dinner. And: it makes a lot of portions, so you can feed the whole family with this.
For this Veggie Noodle Soup Recipe you’ll need:
- a big bag of frozen soup veggies (usually very cheap, mine cost 99 cents for 750g)
- 1 package (ours was 250g) of small / soup noodles (beware that a lot of times, smaller noodles for soup have egg in them, find some without eggs, obviously. We got ours from an organic shop)
- veggie stock
- salt/pepper to taste
- optional: onion & garlic powder
- Heat a big pot of water until boiling. We used about 1-1.5 liters. Add the spices. I tend to use quite a bit of veggie stock, but you could certainly use less. Start small, add more if you like.
- Add the frozen veggies and let it come to a boil again.
- Add the noodles and let them cook for the amount specified on the package. Ours was about 7-8 minutes. Stir every once in a while.
It’s super quick and basically cooks itself. It also makes a big batch, so you can have leftover soup for lunch (like I am having today). Enjoy with a piece of good bread, or just on its own.
PS: I know the soups in the two pictures look very different. The second one is from last night, right after we made it. The other one is from today. The noodles have soaked up more water and are thus more prominent. It feels like we ate the bulk of the veggies last night lol If you like squishy noodles as I do, the day after is even better, though.