Recipes with lentils
Recipes with lentils, Recipe for French Lentil Soup that you can make under 45 minutes. If you are looking for a heart-healthy way to feed your family, this vegan French Lentil Soup will do the job perfectly.
Bean and Lentil Salad Recipe,This bean and lentil salad recipe features chickpeas and lentils tossed with sliced tomato, fennel and herbs in a simple yet flavorful coriander-cumin lemony dressing. It’s easy to put together and keeps well in the fridge for later. Serve this delicious salad as a side or hearty main dish, take it to a potluck, BBQ or picnic.
ONE POT CHEESY MEXICAN LENTILS, BLACK BEANS AND RICE, A healthy, vegetarian, gluten free dinner the whole family will love! You won’t miss the meat in this easy to make, One Pot Cheesy Mexican Lentils, Black Beans and Rice!
Moroccan Lentil Chickpea Stew, Simple ingredients and texture rich with mouth-watering flavors; Moroccan Lentil Chickpea Stew comes together in about 45 minutes. With a dollop of coconut cream, a sprinkle of cilantro and flatbread, dinner is ready! Freezer friendly. vegan or vegetarian + gluten free
This Strawberry jam recipes are one of our highest-rated recipes ever on SingleRecipe.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups French lentils (Lentils Du Puy), rinsed and picked over
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth/stock, preferably homemade
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped – plus more as garnish
Recipe Source: French Lentil Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery and cook until they are softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, and thyme. Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add French lentils, salt and pepper. Give it a big stir to make sure that everything is mixed evenly.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, turn the heat up to medium-high, put the lid on and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, turn down the heat to low and let it simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Right before serving, take out the bay leaf and stir in the balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley.
- Pour the soup in individual bowls and garnish it with more parsley.
Recipes with lentils
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups (480 grams) cooked chickpeas
- 4 cups (700 grams) cooked lentils
- 25 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 bulb of fennel thinly sliced
- A small bunch of parsley chopped
Recipe Source: Bean and Lentil Salad Recipe
Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan over medium heat for about a minute or until they darken slightly in colour and are fragrant. Grind in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, ground cumin and coriander, sea salt, Dijon mustard and pepper.
Combine the chickpeas, lentils, cherry tomatoes, fennel and parsley. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with some fennel fronds.
Recipes with lentils
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked French green lentils, rinsed (red or brown lentils may also be used)
- 2-3 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder (optional)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 15 ounces black beans (canned), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 4 ounces diced green chiles (canned)
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, I used sharp cheddar and part skim mozzarella
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
Recipe Source: ONE POT CHEESY MEXICAN LENTILS, BLACK BEANS AND RICE
- Heat a large pot or saucepan over medium high heat.
- When the pot is heated spray with cooking oil and add in the onion and garlic.
- Sauté for a couple minutes then add in the brown rice and lentils.
- Add in the vegetable stock, stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until lentils and rice are tender.
- If there is any excess liquid drain it.
- Season the rice and lentils with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and chipotle powder.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup of the cheese and stir together.
- Heat the mixture until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the remaining cheese and cover with a lid.
- Heat on low until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbly.
Recipes with lentils
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 C (125 g) Yellow Onion medium dice
- 1 3/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 3/4 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 1/4 tsp Coriander ground
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes bump it up to 3/4 tsp for extra heat
- 1 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Cloves microplaned (about 3 medium cloves)
- 2 C (475 g) Vegetable Broth + more for a soupier stew
- 2 C (475 g) Water
- 1, 28 oz (800 g) Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 C (235 g) Carrots Sliced in thin coins
- 1 C (224 g) Dry, Uncooked French Lentils
- 1 1/2 C (248 g) Cooked Chickpeas drained (one 15 oz can)
- 1 Lemon
- Full Fat Coconut Milk (the canned variety) or Whole Milk Yogurt for Serving
Recipe Source: Moroccan Lentil Chickpea Stew
In a large Dutch oven, add the coconut oil and heat until shimmering. Add the onions and saute for 10 minutes on medium-low. A little charring is okay.
Stir in the cinnamon, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Add the garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Pour in the broth, water, tomatoes, carrots, and lentils. Stir. Bring to a simmer, then turn to medium low and simmer for 25 minutes. The stew will thicken as it cooks. Add the chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the lentils are tender and chickpeas are cooked through. If a thinner stew is desired add more vegetable broth 1/2 C at a time. Remove from heat and squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the stew. Stir. Taste for salt adjustment.
Ladle into soup bowls then garnish with coconut cream, or yogurt and cilantro. For the coconut cream, open and scoop out the soft layer of fat on the top to dollop on the stew. Otherwise, a few scoops of rich coconut milk can be spooned over top. Serve with lemon wedges, coconut milk or a generous scoop of yogurt, and cilantro.
Moroccan Lentil Chickpea Stew freezes with ease. Store in a lidded container or containers for up to two weeks. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.