Rich Fragrant Pilaf Recipe. Easy Side dish
If you are a food enthusiast and a guilty glutton, you’ll probably be interested in sampling a rich fragrant pilaf recipe.
However, it’s possible that you haven’t been able to live that dream just yet. So, here’s something to help you get just a little bit closer to that.
This is an incredibly simple and equally delicious recipe of Pilaf which is a rice dish popular in South East Asia and like most Indian dishes this dish too is wonderfully flavorful and deliciously fragrant.
To make this dish yourself all you have to do is gather the ingredients and follow the few steps and in no time at all, you will have tried and tested an Indian dish in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 ½ cups of basmati rice
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into 3
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly bruised
- ½ teaspoon nigella seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
For the garnish:
- A handful of chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ a cup of sliced and toasted almonds
- Take a deep saucepan, heat up the oil, and cook the onions with the cardamom pods, cumin seeds, nigella seeds, and cinnamon stick till the onions caramelize and turn a bit golden brown.
- Keep the heat on a medium level and frequently stir the onions, you don’t want them to burn. It shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes.
- Now, add the rice to the pan and stir till the rice is glossy and slick, coated in the lovely and fragrant mix.
- Carefully pour in the chicken stock and bring everything to a boil. As it starts bubbling up, cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to a minimum, and let it all cook for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice rest with the lid on for at least 10 minutes, you can leave it for up to an hour if that is required though.
- Once it’s done, keep in mind to not use a spoon and use a fork instead to fluff up the rice. Add a sprinkling of the fresh cilantro and the toasted and crunchy almonds and serve it hot.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves: Around 7-8 servings