So breakfast this morning uses up the black bean dip that I made last night. I’ll get that recipe in here too, but I wanted to show off my soft tacos that we had this morning. It was fast and easy to put together and eat – before heading out to shovel more snow.
Scramble eggs, throw a soft tortilla spread with black bean dip (or refried beans if you like) and some swiss cheese (or cheddar or your favorite) onto a cookie sheet with a silicon sheet lining it into the oven.
Top with some quick guacamole made with chopped-up avocado and minced shallots. Fold it up and eat.
Quick breakfast using leftover bean dip, scrambled eggs, and homemade guacamole.
- 8 tbs bean dip
- 4 eggs
- 4 small soft corn tortillas
- 4 oz swiss (or cheddar) cheese
- 1 avocado
- ½ shallot
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicon sheet.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium-low on the stovetop.
- Place the corn tortillas on the silicon sheets and spread 2 tbs of bean dip over each.
- Shred or chop 4 oz of cheese and sprinkle over beans.
- Whisk 4 eggs in a bowl and pour into a heated pan, softly stirring to scrambled perfection.
- When the eggs are soft-scrambled, pull out the cookie sheet and place ¼ portion on each soft taco, and place the cookie sheet back in the oven.
- Quickly remove the pit and dice up the avocado and mince the shallots, stir together in a small bowl while smashing.
- Pull the cookie sheet with the soft tacos out of the oven and place on a plate, top with the guacamole, and serve.
Notes: Actually, my husband and I didn’t stop at one. We ate two. Feel free to add tomatoes when they are in season (and have flavor) or top with a little salsa.
I made this low sodium by using homemade black bean dip and using dried beans instead of canned. I used Swiss Cheese because it is lower in sodium.
I used soft tortilla shells that were only 10 mg of sodium as well. My husband is on a low sodium diet but it is not for everyone as sodium is necessary, check with your doctor before deciding on a low sodium diet.