Easy Heart Healthy Spaghetti Pie Recipe
When it comes to pleasing a hungry bunch, you can’t go wrong with pasta. It is comfort food at its best and very few people shun a hearty meat sauce atop a bed of pasta and topped with a heaping layer of mozzarella cheese.
This spaghetti pie recipe is one of my favorites – and true to my commitment to making good food go together easily, this one is made with a canned pasta sauce so it is a time saver as well.
The full spaghetti pie recipe is listed below and you can use the photo below as a guide to help you achieve great results and rave reviews by your brood of hungry appetites. This version makes a large casserole (9×13), but you can make a smaller version by halving the ingredient measures.
If you are on Weight Watchers, this entree counts for 8 points per serving. Curves Complete program participants can also enjoy this entree as part of their program of approved entrees.
This entree is Curves Complete Approved and is Heart Healthy.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 32 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 – 12 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz container small curd cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti on stovetop and drain. (al dente- or “just soft”, it is not necessary to fully cook because noodles will continue to cook in the casserole)
- Add butter, eggs, and parmesan cheese to drained noodles.
- Pour noodles into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread cottage cheese over noodles.
- Cook ground beef, onion, peppers & garlic until done. (Drain excess fat)
- Stir spaghetti sauce into meat.
- Pour mixture over cottage cheese.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.