Spinach Sandwich Recipe
A healthy spinach sandwich recipe that provides the goodness & nutrition of spinach along with the taste of potatoes, onions, and bread.
Recipes containing Spinach must be included in a diet for kids as it boosts immunity, strengthens bones, aids digestion, and also maintains a healthy nervous system and brain function.
Here is my recipe for an easy, healthy, 15-minute breakfast for kids. Adults like it too!
- 1 Cup Spinach (washed and chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Potato (boiled and mashed)
- 6 slices Bread (I prefer whole wheat bread but it has a shorter shelf life than the white sandwich bread, so buy it only if you can consume the packet in 2-3 days)
- Butter (As needed)
- Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli (slit or chopped. Omit if making this recipe for kids)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Seasoning: 1 tsp Salt (or as needed), 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, a pinch of turmeric
- In a pan, add oil. When it heats, add cumin seeds and then green chilies and chopped onions.
- After onions turn a bit brown and translucent, add mashed potatoes and seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add chopped spinach leaves to the pan and cook until the leaves wilt. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Layer butter evenly on both sides of the bread and spread the spinach-potato-onion mixture into 2 bread slices.
- Grill in a toaster or heat on a Tawa from both sides until the bread turns golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or even try serving it with homemade mango chutney for an interesting variation! Kids get bored easily and variations in recipes are the only way to keep them eating healthy food.