Do you think that the deliciously delightful world of candies as once depicted by Mr. Willy Wonka will never be yours? If yes, do not fret. The world of candies has not ignored those individuals who are not so lucky in their sugar intake abilities. It has swept individuals off their feet making the sugar-free industry expand at an enormous rate.
Candies contain a lot of sugar which piles up empty calories in the body. The many lifestyle diseases that plague us have forced manufacturers to come up with sugar-free candies. They contain sugar substitutes such as maltitol, xylitol, and sorbitol which are considerably lower in calories. In a weight-conscious world where people are forever looking for a healthier lifestyle, these products come as a breath of fresh air.
Deciding between the numerous sugar-free products in the market can be daunting. Why not prepare sugar-free diet candies at home? They are a viable alternative for diabetics and health-conscious people who need not compromise on their health and taste. If you want to prepare sugar-free candies, gear up and read the sugar-free candy recipes that will definitely tease your taste buds.
Sugar-Free Gelatin Squares
- 1 pack sugar-free Gelatin (any flavor)
- 6 packages Gelatin (unflavored)
- ½ cup any cold juice (unsweetened)
- Mix the gelatin and juice in a medium pan and cook over medium high heat.
- Stir constantly. When the gelatin has liquefied completely, remove the saucepan from the heat, and add rest of the ingredients to it.
- Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable oil.
- Place the gelatin in the refrigerator until firm. Use a sharp knife to cut the gelatin into squares.
Maple Sugar Candy
- 2 to 4 cups of Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup Nut Meats (chopped)
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon extract
- In a pan, cook the maple syrup, cream and the butter for 9-10 minutes (after it reaches a boil).
- Remove the pan from the flame and add the nut meats and lemon extract and stir well for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into buttered pans or candy molds. Allow it to cool, cut in to squares or candy molds and serve.
Sugar-Free Fudge Diet Candy
- ¼ cup diet Margarine
- 2 oz Chocolate (unsweetened)
- 24 packets Equal Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt the margarine over low heat and add the chocolate and stir just until melted.
- Remove the mixture from heat and gently stir in the sweetener and the vanilla extract.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Stir in the nuts if using (optional).
- Spread the mixture in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut Sugar Free Fudge into 1-inch squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
Now that you have learned a few sugar-free candy recipes, you need not think twice before treating yourself and your family with these delectable candies.