Tangy Chicken Farro Bowl Recipe
Chicken lovers, this is a must-try recipe! It’s super easy to prepare and it tastes amazing! Check out how I make it.
Simple, easy, and yummy! Feel free to use cranberry preserves if you don’t find the lingonberry. I assure you, this is a good one guys!
- 2 tbsps of sugar, divided.
- ⅛ tsp of ground allspice.
- 2 tbsps of dijon mustard.
- 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- 2 (8.5 ounces) packages of precooked farro.
- ¼ cup of lingonberry preserves.
- 5 tbsps of white vinegar, divided.
- ⅝ tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- 2 thinly sliced Persian cucumbers.
- ½ tsp of dry mustard.
- 2 tsp of finely chopped fresh dill.
- 2 (6 ounces) sliced skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breasts.
- In a dish, mix together ¼ cup of vinegar, 4 tsp of sugar, ¼ tsp of salt, and allspice until well combined then stir in the cucumbers to coat. Set aside for 12 minutes then drain.
- In a bowl, mix together the dijon, dry mustard, 1 tbsp of vinegar, 2 tsp of sugar, and oil until combined then mix in the dill and 1 ½ tsp of water.
- Now, heat the farro following the package instructions and divide it among 4 bowls.
- Place the chicken, cucumbers, and preservers over the farro and top with mustard sauce.
- Season with ⅜ tsp of salt and enjoy!