Amazing Thai Inspired Black Quinoa Salad Recipe
We love Thai cuisine so much it would be a crime not to feature a Thai-inspired salad. Thai flavor combinations are simply genius – refreshing, zesty, tropical, sweet, spicy, nutty, and vibrant. We’ve paired classic Thai ingredients with black quinoa for a salad that pops with color, contrast, and flavor – guaranteed to impress your guests!
- 1 cup black Quinoa
- 2 oranges
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 fresh green, seeded, minced chilies
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce – optional
- Remove peel and pith from oranges. Using a bowl to catch the juice while you work, remove the skin from segments and chop in half.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, and fish sauce to the orange juice bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Bring black quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Season lightly with salt. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop up your mangoes, onion, spring onions, chillis, and coriander.
- When cooked, remove quinoa from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and toss all ingredients together and dress.
- Season lightly with salt and more lime juice, if desired.