I’ve been making Tomato Caprese for years, and I see it served almost everywhere. I’ve made it and seen versions of it done so in different ways. I placed it on a platter for a gathering, but we’ve had it chunky with mozzarella balls or small tomato pieces with small mozzarella pieces in a bowl or even mozzarella and basil stuffed cherry tomatoes.
No matter how you slice it or stack it, it’s just a perfect side dish to a meal. It’s fast and easy and delicious. It goes very quickly and no leftovers. Not only that, but it’s such an easy recipe, that once someone sees it they copy it for their own gatherings because it’s both delicious and beautiful.
Tomato Caprese is a fantastic combination of Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil. Plated this looks so pretty and easy for everyone to get the taste of all of it when it is served this way. Great to serve at a gathering where everyone just wants a taste.
- Tomatoes – different colors
- Mozzarella – soft fresh Mozzarella
- Basil – fresh-picked
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Rinse and dry tomatoes.
- Halve tomatoes and then slice so they have the shape of half-moons.
- Slice Mozzarella to resemble the tomatoes
- Tear up the basil and sprinkle over top.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.