With gardens producing an abundance of fresh vegetables and easy access to fresh summer produce at the grocer or farmer’s market, you will want to be sure to try this scrumptious vegetable casserole.
Fresh eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, herbs, and feta cheese make a great combination that cooks up into a flavorful side or meatless meal.
Many of my favorite garden veggies are in this vegetable casserole and the addition of fresh herbs and feta make it even better.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- olive oil
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Saute chopped onion and bell pepper in a skillet. Add minced garlic when veggies are tender. Saute a moment longer.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread sauteed veggies at the bottom of the dish.
- Add a layer of eggplant, then add a tomato layer, then a zucchini layer.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped herbs over zucchini. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and herbs.
- Top with feta cheese and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.