Amazing Watercress and Halloumi Salad Recipe
Introducing watercress! A peppery green herb is closely related to mustard greens and rockets. It grows along with springs and slow-running water streams. It is one of the strongest-tasting and most nutritious salad leaves available, containing significant amounts of iron, calcium, vitamins A, C, and E. Paired with halloumi, broad beans, and radishes, this salad is delicious, unique, and professional. Boost the protein content by topping each plate with a lightly poached, smashed egg.
- 1 cup Krispkut™ Mediterranean Rocket
- 1 cup baby watercress
- 3 baby radishes, sliced paper-thin
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broad beans
- 100g halloumi
- Poached eggs (1 per person)
- Slivered almonds and olive oil to garnish.
- Add some salt to a pot of water and bring it to a vigorous boil. Peel the outer skin off broad beans. Put the beans in a sieve and dip in the boiling water for about 20 seconds, then plunge them into a bowl of cold water.
- If including eggs, add a splash of white vinegar to the water and use it to poach eggs. Three minutes should do it.
- In a pan, place thin slices of halloumi and cook until crisp and golden on each side. Remove halloumi and add chopped spring onions and red onion. Sauté until soft.
- Place rocket and watercress in a bowl and toss with red onion, spring onion, broad beans, and radishes.
- Arrange salad and halloumi pieces onto plates. Place the poached egg on top and ‘smash’ the yolk so it runs into the salad to become part of the dressing. Drizzle over a little cold-pressed olive oil and slivered almonds. Season.