I am always looking for new ways to give basic side dishes a makeover and this is one of my favorite ways to enjoy carrots. It adds a sweetness to them and goes together very quickly. This version of honey-roasted carrots is great for everyday meals or as a special side with a holiday meal.
I use frozen carrots for added convenience and to save time, but feel free to use fresh if you have time to peel and slice.
This is a great way to serve carrots. Simple enough for every day, but special enough for a holiday meal.
With just 4 ingredients, you are sure to have most of them on hand. Here’s the recipe for honey-roasted carrots – let me know what you think!
- 3 – 4 cups sliced carrots or baby carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cups honey
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dry thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place carrots into a baking dish.
- Drizzle honey and olive oil over carrots.
- Sprinkle dry thyme over carrots and toss to coat carrots.
- Bake uncovered until just tender– approximately 40 min to 1 hour.