These pork chops with bourbon peach sauce are one of our favorite one-dish pork entrees that combines the sweetness of peaches with the southern flavor bourbon brings to an entree. This is a skillet meal that is quite delicious! If you are looking for a new recipe for pork chops, this is one you will want to try.
I love to pick up a nice pork loin at the warehouse stores and cut my own boneless pork chops for future meals (I usually end up with about 5 packages of 6 chops each by buying this way). This is a great way to save money on the most expensive ingredient in most meals.
This is a great one-pan meal that combines the sweet flavor of peaches with pork. The touch of bourbon gives it a southern flair and is not overpowering. A delicious way to serve pork.
Pork chops with bourbon peach sauce are also heart healthy, gluten-free & Curves Complete approved. Weight Watcher points- 5 per serving.
- 6 boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1/3 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons minced green onion or shallot
- 2 cups frozen sliced peaches
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Season pork chops with salt & both peppers.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray to Med-high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook about 3 minutes per side, until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion & garlic to the heated pan and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add peaches and chicken broth and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add sugar, thyme, butter, and bourbon to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until butter is melted and sauce is beginning to thicken.
- Discard thyme sprigs & serve sauce over pork chops.