These are UK sausages but sausages are made worldwide. Some of the best I have had are Chorizo in Spain, the vast variety available in Germany and Poland.
This is my recipe for Spicy Sausage Pasta which I have made recently. It was made for 2.
- 3 sausages cut into small slices
- 5 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- olive oil for frying
- 1 red onion diced small
- 1 zucchini/courgette sliced
- 1/4 of a fresh chili chopped
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons of milk( keep extra on one side to add for a runnier sauce)
- salt and pepper
- fresh penne pasta for 2, plunge into boiling water for 5 mins or what the manufacturers recommend
- Take a large frying pan add olive oil and heat to medium heat.
- Add the garlic and chopped onion and fry until soft.
- Add the chili and the sliced sausage and cook until brown and the sausages are cooked through.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and zucchini/courgette and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the tomato puree and milk.
- Add more milk and mix until you have the texture you want. I like it sticky so it sticks to the pasta.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the penne pasta.
- Mix together and serve with grated cheese, a salad garnish of greens such as watercress, lettuce, spinach, or bitter greens.