Seafood Remoulade Sauce Recipe
I recommend remoulade sauce with crab cakes, fried shrimp, crawfish tails, salmon, or with a seafood po’boy. It is loaded with a lot of different ingredients but is worth the effort.
One of the best things about living in Southeast Texas is the abundance of options we have access to when it comes to seafood. We have Crawfish Boils until after Mother’s Day and one thing all good seafood and crawfish needs is an outstanding sauce for dipping. I came up with this recipe last year and keep it on hand throughout the crawfish season.
Great seafood deserves a great sauce. This one hits the spot and will win you rave reviews.
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2-3 Tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 3 Tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 heaping Tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve remoulade sauce with your favorite seafood or crawfish.