Let me tell you about how I liked sriracha before it was cool.
Soon after moving to Chicago, my family ended up living in the north side of Chicago in a neighborhood called Edgewater. It is still one of my favorite neighborhoods in Chicago and the variety in food and culture is definitely the biggest reason why.
In the same block, you’ll find a cozy, hip coffee shop, some of the best tamales in town, and some amazing Ethiopian lamb stew. It was an incredibly diverse place and being the adventurous eaters that we are, my family fit right in. Just a little south of us was (and still is, even though we’ve all moved) a Vietnamese/Thai grocery that my sister and I would visit with our dad on Sundays.
Lisa and I went exclusively for the free dumpling samples they handed out on Sundays and somehow, in the midst of coming up with elaborate plans to get multiple dumpling samples in one trip, we came across sriracha.
Let’s face it: Indian people love spicy things and damn, sriracha is the spice queen, y’all. We all loved it so much that for years, we would buy the restaurant-size container (I’m not even lying, it was like 3 gallons) and douse everything in it. Sriracha on noodles, on eggs, on vegetables, on pizza…EVERYTHING.
My mom made us stop getting the giant container because it took up too much space in the fridge and though we were all obviously upset by The Great Sriracha Drought, we bravely carried on. To this day, my fridge feels incomplete without some rooster sauce, and to this day, it is the best addition to almost every meal.
So, I was working from home the other day and decided to treat myself to a quick breakfast sandwich with some easy ingredients. I had just bought some aged gouda at my farmer’s market (I hate myself a little bit after writing that sentence) and I figured it would go well with something spicy. And I was right.
Sriracha Gouda Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 English muffin
- spring greens
- 1-2 oz grated gouda
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or to taste)
- 3-5 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk, add the sriracha, a pinch of salt, and whisk. You’re basically making scrambled eggs but with sriracha.
- Heat up the olive oil and make your scrambled eggs, like you normally would, on medium heat. Add more milk to make the eggs fluffier, if they don’t meet your fluffiness standards.
- While the eggs cook, toast the English muffin and grate the gouda over one-half on the muffin. Place the muffin on a heated pan and cover the pan with a lid for a few minutes to help the cheese melt. You can spray the pan with some cooking spray if you’re concerned about the muffin burning or sticking. The cheese should melt in 3-4 minutes.
- The eggs should be done by this point so assemble! Add the eggs to the side of the muffin with the cheese, and sprinkle with a little salt (if necessary). Place a small handful of spring greens on the other half of the muffin.
- Bring the two halves together into one beautiful whole. EAT!
In conclusion, the journey from discovering sriracha in a diverse Chicago neighborhood to incorporating it into a simple yet flavorful breakfast sandwich has been a delightful one. The love for this spicy condiment has stood the test of time and continues to enhance our culinary experiences. This Easy Sriracha Gouda Breakfast Sandwich recipe is a testament to the versatility of Sriracha, bringing a spicy kick to your morning meal.
Whether you’re an adventurous eater or simply looking to spice up your breakfast routine, this sandwich is a satisfying and tasty way to begin your day. So, don’t hesitate to give it a try and enjoy the fiery goodness that is sriracha, a true spice queen in the world of flavors!
A Spicy Morning Delight: Sriracha Gouda Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
I recently came across an absolute gem of a breakfast recipe that has become a delightful part of my morning routine. The Sriracha Gouda Breakfast Sandwich is a spicy sensation that’s both easy to make and utterly scrumptious. The combination of fluffy scrambled eggs infused with sriracha, layered with melted gouda on a toasted English muffin is a flavor explosion you won’t want to miss.
What I love most is how simple and quick this recipe is. In just a few easy steps, you have a mouthwatering breakfast sandwich that provides the perfect kickstart to your day. The sriracha adds a zesty punch that’s perfectly balanced by the creamy gouda. Plus, the addition of fresh spring greens adds a healthy touch. If you’re looking for a breakfast that’s both spicy and satisfying, give the Sriracha Gouda Breakfast Sandwich a try; you won’t be disappointed!