What could be better on a hot summer afternoon than to treat your loved ones to a delicious fruit pizza? Love is an understatement, we are passionate about fruit pizza. We make fruit pizza at least 4-5 times every summer because it is easy and everyone enjoys it!
Don’t let the idea that it has fruit on it mislead you into thinking it is healthy. The cookie dough and cream cheese cancel out the health benefits of the fruit. Thankfully, we are not on a diet this summer at our house! My photo is missing blueberries because my daughter wasn’t in the mood to add them this time around.
This is my favorite summer dessert and what I love best is that my daughter can make it by herself now so it has now become “her recipe”
I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 packages of prepared sugar cookie dough (use 1 & 1/2 packages)
- 2 packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Fruit toppings like strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, and more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread cookie dough into a large sheet pan, pressing to corners so that it covers the entire pan. It usually takes about 1 and 1/2 rolls of sugar cookie dough to cover my pan.
- Cook dough according to package directions. (usually, around 15 minutes-don’t overcook or the dough will be crispy and hard when it cools) Cool completely before adding toppings and cream cheese.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer until blended well and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese over cooled dough.
- Top with desired fruit and refrigerate for a couple of hours prior to serving.