This pasta dish is a vegetarian dish using green soybeans. One of the best things is it is high in protein but cheap on the pocket. Also it is quick to make.
- penne pasta( fresh or dried)
- green soybeans, I use the frozen ones.
- garlic cloves peeled and fine diced
- onion fine diced
- fresh tomatoes chopped chunky
- 1 inch of fresh ginger peeled and fine diced
- 1/4 chili for 2 more for more people or leave out if you do not like the heat
- broccoli cut into small pieces
- grated hard Italian cheese
- salt and pepper
- dried oregano
- olive oil
- heat the olive oil in a frying pan to medium heat
- fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute
- add the chili and fresh ginger fry for another 2 minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, broccoli, and soybeans stir and cook on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Follow the instructions for Penne
- Serve the penne with the sauce and grated cheese
- Use tinned tomatoes ready chopped.
- Use frozen broccoli, not as good but convenient.
- Use tinned beans such as chickpeas, borloti, black eye, haricot, red kidney
- Use other beans which you can buy frozen ready-cooked
- Use up any vegetables you have in the fridge, just chop small and go for it.
If you like a sauce:
Add fresh milk and 2 tablespoons of tomato puree at the end of cooking.