If you’re in the mood for a quick and delicious Asian-inspired meal, look no further. Our Asian-inspired Soba Noodles recipe is a delightful blend of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds singing with joy. Soba noodles, known for their nutty and earthy taste, are paired with tender chicken, a medley of colorful vegetables, and a savory garlic black bean sauce that ties everything together. This recipe is not only a feast for your senses but also a breeze to prepare. So, let’s dive into the art of creating this delectable dish that’s perfect for lunch or dinner!
So if you’re craving some Soba Noodles right now, check out this bad boy. It’s super quick, guilt-free, and really delicious.
2 servings | 400 calories | 12 g fat | 34 g protein
Asian Inspired Soba Noodles Recipe
- 3 oz soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 3 tsp hot chili oil
- 2 tbsp garlic black bean sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red onions
- 1/2 head red cabbage (small)
- 1-inch piece of ginger root
- 6-7 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Begin by slicing the chicken breast, bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and red cabbage. I decided to slice them length-wise so that they move better with the noodles and cook at a similar rate to each other. Slicing vegetables is a serious business.
- Heat up a large skillet and add the chili oil (you can use any other type of oil but it’s noticeably better with this kind). Next, add the chicken breast strips and a sprinkle of salt. Grate the ginger root over the chicken and cook on medium heat for 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook with the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft and browned. Next add the bell peppers, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook the vegetables for 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat to soften the vegetables.
- While the vegetables cook, boil a pot of water. Once the water is boiling add the soba noodles to the pot with a pinch of salt and a tiny bit of oil (I used olive oil); this will prevent the noodles from sticking to each other and getting mushy. Cook the noodles for 6 to 7 minutes, and mix in the boiling water. Drain the noodles and immediately run the colander under hot water.
- Get back to the skillet and the garlic black bean sauce with chicken broth. You can mix these two things in a bowl first and then toss them in with the chicken and vegetables. Make sure everything is coated well with the sauce.
- Add the noodles to the pot and finally, toss in the red cabbage. Lower the heat to medium and put a lid on the skillet to soften the cabbage; this shouldn’t take any more than 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, cut up the basil in strings and add them to the noodles. Turn off the skillet so that the basil is fresh and green.
- Serve your soba noodles with a cold beer!
In conclusion, these Asian-Inspired Soba Noodles offer a mouthwatering combination of flavors and a satisfying, wholesome meal in a single bowl. The nutty soba noodles, paired with tender chicken and an array of vibrant vegetables, create a harmonious blend of textures and tastes. The garlic black bean sauce infuses the dish with rich umami goodness, while the fresh basil adds a refreshing twist to each bite.
This recipe is not only a treat for your palate but also a testament to how a few simple ingredients can come together to create a masterpiece. So, why wait? Whip up this delightful meal, and don’t forget to pair it with a cold beer for the perfect dining experience! Enjoy!
A Flavorful Delight!
This Asian-Inspired Soba Noodles recipe was a pleasant surprise. The combination of nutty soba noodles, succulent chicken, and vibrant vegetables, all bathed in a savory garlic black bean sauce, made for a truly delightful meal. Don’t miss the fresh basil touch – it’s the perfect finishing note!