Hemp seed oil is the oil with multiple characteristics. Produced from the plants of the Cannabis genus, it is an odourless and flavourless oil. It essentially contains 80 % fatty acids yielding adinosine triphosphate useful to human metabolism. Due to the adequate omega-6 to omega-3 ratio (3:1), it is very beneficial for heart and protects against a number of cardiovascular disease.
It penetrates the body cells and lubricates the layers between them. Though there are plenty of its benefits, one needs to consume a significant quantity of hemp oil to utilize its full benefits. Not only is cooking, but the oil is also used for several purposes and is extensively used in the construction, paper, textile, biodegradable plastics industry.
Sometimes it is also used as a fuel. It can be easily obtained as it is produced in different countries across the world, especially in Canada, France, and China. The manifold benefits of hemp seed oil are shared in the next sub-section.
- The hemp seed oil has omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids in the ratio of 3:1 and hence it is beneficial for the heart.
- This excellent ratio of fatty acids also helps in lessening the symptoms of skin ailments like acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Hemp seed oil is rich in vitamin D, which makes it helpful in the absorption of calcium, especially in vegetarians.
- The oil helps to get silky, thick hair, stronger nails, and much softer skin.
- As it contains a sufficient amount of omega-9 fatty acids, calcium, and potassium, it provides moisture to the skin, detoxifies and cleans the skin without blocking the pores.
- Hemp seed oil protects against a number of diseases including cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Hemp seed oil is also beneficial in many women’s health-related issues including premenstrual issues.
- It is an appropriate substitute for fish oil which is often reported to be adulterated by various toxins including mercury.
- Hemp seed oil is a natural antioxidant with amino acids and vitamin E. Unlike other oils, it does not leave a sticky taste on your tongue on consumption.
- It provides a shield against overexposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. And hence, is considered a natural sunblock.
- The hemp seed oil has proved to be a safe consumable substance for those with intolerability for nuts, gluten, lactose, and sugar. Researches have also not detected any kind of allergy from their consumption.
- As hemp seeds do not contain gluten, the possibility of celiac diseases is negligible through the consumption of its oil.
- Athletes and people incapable of tolerating a high dose of essential fatty acids can consume it to balance the needed fatty acid.
- This is an energy booster solution that keeps one active throughout the day. Also, it has an advantage over other oils as it helps to maintain a stable positive attitude and eliminates stress.
- Hemp seed oil works for weight-conscious people as it provides longer appetite satisfaction which in turn helps one lose weight significantly.
- Hemp seed oil directly aids the functioning of the immune, reproductive, and central nervous systems.
- There are a number of degenerative diseases that can be cured with the help of hemp seed and its oil. These include high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and blood sugar, obesity, constipation, depression, fatigue, and arthritis.
Suggestions For Cooking
- Hemp seeds can be consumed unprocessed or ground into a meal. You may also take it as hemp milk or tea enriched with hemp. It is also used in baking.
- Hemp Seeds can be added to cereal or oatmeal, and can also be used as a topping to a baked potato.
- Enhance the food experience with the utilization of hemp seeds in baked foods, salads, dips, sauces, and many other dishes of your choice.
To sum up, hemp seed oil comes with a number of benefits. This might be the reason that the hemp seeds are often referred to as ‘Nature’s perfect food for humanity’.