Best Homemade Coleslaw Recipe
The best homemade coleslaw recipe I have is easier than you think. Try it this weekend with my Pork with Ranch BBQ recipe. Quick to fix with a “ready to prepare” bag of coleslaw mix from the grocer and just a few on-hand ingredients make this a must-have for cookouts & family gatherings!
This is the best homemade coleslaw. I use it often on pulled pork sandwiches and I try to have it handy for outdoor family BBQs. The homemade dressing gives it a much better flavor than store-bought dressing and it doesn’t have all the ingredients you can’t pronounce in it as many bottled dressings have!
- 1 – 16oz bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons minced onion (I use dried)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until blended thoroughly.
- Pour dressing mixture over mix & toss to coat.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving.