Looking for a great idea this weekend? Try this! Tender, shredded pork with ranch BBQ sauce. The secret to great flavor is the addition of Ranch Dressing mix and slow cooking to perfection. With just a little prep work, you can serve a real crowd pleaser–They’ll be asking for seconds!
I serve this entree in so many ways year-round. This weekend it will be on Slider buns topped with homemade coleslaw. Many times it is on big baked potatoes and occasionally in wraps.
I love this and it is a great choice when you are hungry for pulled pork. Very little prep work, just let the slow cooker do the work while you go about your day.
When I serve the pork with ranch BBQ on buns, I always top with Homemade Coleslaw. It’s a match made in heaven!
- 3- 4 lb boneless Boston Butt Roast
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Butter Flavored Creole Injector (I use Tony Chachere)
- 5 Tablespoons dry Ranch Dressing Mix (divided)
- 1 & 1/2 cups Barbeque Sauce (your preferred flavor- I use Original style)
- 1/8 cup Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry (ground) mustard
- Inject Pork with Creole Injector marinade randomly into all areas of the meat.
- Rub 3 Tablespoons of Ranch Dressing mix over the pork on all sides and place in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- In a bowl blend BBQ sauce, honey, mustard, and remaining Ranch Dressing mix. Set aside.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking time, drain the grease from the crockpot and then shred pork.
- Pour the BBQ sauce mixture over the shredded pork and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Serve on buns, potatoes, in wraps, or as you wish.