Easy Chicken Santa Fe – Diet Friendly Recipe
Trying to create that wonderful Mexican shredded chicken Santa Fe you get when you eat at your favorite Mexican restaurant? Wait until you see how easy it is to make a comparable version at home! Just 4 ingredients and a crockpot – YES- that is all it takes and this chicken dish is so versatile, you will find a number of ways to serve it. As a bonus, it is heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly, and low carb.
Last night we served chicken Santa Fe in crispy taco shells and flour tortillas. I often make Tex Mex baked potatoes and this chicken serves as the topping. It is awesome in a Chicken Taco Salad and you will even find it makes a great topping over white or brown rice. Very diet-friendly and kids will love it. I’d love to hear how you serve it in your home.
Another great recipe for the crockpot that gives you a lot of options. Kids love this and it is great on tacos (soft or crispy), on potatoes, in a taco salad, or over rice. It would also make a great filling for chicken enchiladas.
Weight Watchers Points- 3 points per serving. Curves Complete Approved entree. Heart Healthy, Diabetic-friendly, and Low Carb
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (regular or mild)
- 1/4 cup dry taco seasoning mix
- Optional: add 1/2 teaspoon cumin (to give the chicken a more authentic Mexican flavor)
- Place chicken breast in a slow cooker.
- Pour cans of diced tomatoes and Rotel tomatoes over chicken.
- Add taco seasoning.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Shred with a fork and serve as you wish.