Cranberry Chicken Breasts Recipe
A simple, yet elegant alternative to a fussy holiday meal! Cranberry Chicken Breasts are delicious as a main course or as a party appetizer.
I am always excited to discover a recipe that gives me options, and this is one that does double duty. Most often, I make it as a main course. It is a great choice for a holiday meal when you want to be free to enjoy family rather than the hustle and bustle of cooking an elaborate meal. It also makes a great choice as an appetizer for holiday gatherings by just cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces prior to cooking.
Since it can be made in the oven or in a crockpot, you have even more flexibility in preparing this delicious chicken recipe.
This is a great main course alternative for a holiday meal or really any night of the week.
You can also serve this as a party appetizer. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces before cooking, then cook & serve with toothpicks.
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts (5oz each)
- 1 cup Russian salad dressing
- 1 cup Whole Berry Cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay chicken breasts in bakeware.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Bake for 1 hour. Baste occasionally with sauce.
- To prepare as an appetizer, Cut chicken into bites before cooking, then pour sauce over chicken and bake as directed. Serve with toothpicks.
- You can also cook cranberry chicken breasts in your crockpot – a very versatile recipe!