Get the Cajun flavor you love right at home with this simple to prepare crawfish etouffee. Cold winter nights deserve a hearty portion of this Southern favorite.
The convenience of canned soups and frozen crawfish tails makes this a “quick fix” wonder that is great for Cajun food lovers in your home. For a milder version, substitute shrimp–you will still get great results! Make plenty of white rice and cornbread to round out the meal. This tastes even better the 2nd day if you have leftovers.
Cajun flavor like this is easy with the convenience of canned goods and quality crawfish. This crawfish etouffee is so good and a great choice for cold weather nights.
You can substitute shrimp for crawfish if you prefer. Just heat until shrimp are cooked. Shrimp will produce a milder version while crawfish will add a bit more spice to the entree.
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 2 lbs. cleaned crawfish tails (you can substitute shrimp)
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add vegetables and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add soups and Rotel tomatoes. Stir and heat thoroughly.
- Add crawfish and simmer slowly until heated throughout.
- Serve over cooked rice.