I love Italian food and I especially love Eggplant Parmesan! Once I found out how easy it is to prepare this popular dish at home, we began making it regularly.
You can create a quick and tasty version with just 5 ingredients. Convenience staples like prepared spaghetti sauce in a jar, Italian bread crumbs in a can, and pre-packaged shredded Italian cheese make this a great go-to recipe when you crave Italian at home.
It is also a great way to get your kids to eat eggplant–everything tastes great with spaghetti sauce and cheese!
Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables and once I realized how easy it is to prepare this popular Italian meal at home, I began making it often. It is also a great way to get kids to eat a vegetable they may not be familiar with.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, spread a layer of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the pan.
- Set partially baked eggplant slices in 1 layer over sauce.
- Top with additional sauce and sprinkle with Italian cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until golden and sauce is bubbly.