You are not even going to believe how good these simple meatball kabobs are made with ready to cook meatballs from the grocer’s freezer case, but trust me they are delicious and they make a great choice anytime you are firing up the grill or when planning a kid-friendly outdoor party. Just 5 ingredients, so they are easy on the budget as well.
Whether you are hosting a cookout, looking for an easy meal for a camping trip, treating the kids to a fun dinner idea, or just trying to create a quick dinner option on a busy day, these kabobs are a great choice. The sauce is made of your favorite BBQ sauce blended with apricot preserves and since the meatballs are fully cooked, they go from grill to table quickly
This is a regular on my summer menu because I always have the ingredients on hand. Extra tip- if you have teenagers, make extra. I have filled my entire grill with these kabobs and had zero leftovers when my son and his friends were over. Plus, it is different and a better option than pizza – great for racking up “you have a cool mom” points!
Meatball Kabobs are always a fun choice when grilling and this one is very simple and enjoyed by the young and young at heart. I know it will become a favorite for your summer gatherings.
- 32 frozen, fully cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Apricot Preserves
- wooden or metal skewers (8)
- Spray grill with cooking spray and heat to MEDIUM. (You can also use an indoor portable grill)
- Soak wooden skewers in water for a few minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Thread meatballs and peppers alternately onto skewers.
- Mix BBQ sauce and apricot preserve in a small bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Brush 1/2 of the sauce onto the skewers.
- Grill 8-10 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, turning occasionally and basting with the remaining sauce just before taking off the grill.