I made this dish which can be served with pasta of your choice or potatoes or rice. The Scallops and Chorizo Sauce uses fresh healthy ingredients and tastes really good.
Ingredients per person:
- 4 large scallops per person
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped fine
- 1 inch of chorizo sliced fine
- 4 mushrooms sliced per person
- 5 sticks of fresh asparagus cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 green beans cut into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil to fry
- juice of half a lemon per person
- zest of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Dried or Fresh pasta of your choice
- If using dry pasta place in a pan.
- Cover with boiling water and a pinch of salt.
- Place asparagus and green beans in a steamer or metal sieve over the boiling pasta and steam.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and fry for about 3 mins until soft add the mushrooms and chorizo and cook on medium for 5 mins. Add some salt and pepper.
- REMOVE from the frying pan.
- Now make sure your pasta and veg are ready.
- Heat some olive oil in the frying pan.
- Add the scallops( if cooking a lot do in batches and remove).
- Cook on high for about 1 min on each side. Do not overcook they will go hard. I was doing this for 2 so my pan was OK.
- Add the mushroom, onion, chorizo, and garlic sauce.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the asparagus and green beans and stir together.
- Put pasta in pasta dishes top with the scallop and chorizo sauce.
- Garnish with the zest of lemon
- Add some white wine to the sauce.
- Add some fresh single or double cream to the sauce
- Add fresh herbs such as basil, lemon verbena, lemon thyme.
- Use bacon instead of chorizo.
Well, we really enjoyed this.