It’s a tough life when you want a fast lunch but you also want it to be a little fancy. That’s when the Pasta with a fried egg comes in. It is so easy to class up your meal with the humble yet versatile egg. It cooks quickly, it’s inexpensive, and it tastes DOPE. The perfect fried egg (I learned this from Gordon Ramsey so it is fact) is a little crispy on the bottom, with a runny yolk. And babies, the yolk is where it’s at: add some richness to your meal while still keeping it healthy.
What happened was I was working from home one day and I had skipped breakfast. So I wanted to have something more filling for lunch but I didn’t have a lot of time to waste. So I boiled some spinach pasta, tossed in some kalamata olives, garnished with some parsley and parmesan, and finished with a baller Pasta with a fried egg.
- 1 serving of pasta
- 5-6 kalamata olives cut length-wise
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions until al dente, usually 8 minutes.
- While the pasta boils, heat up a small pan over high heat. Once the pan is heated, spray the surface with cooking spray and crack open the egg in the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium and let the egg cook for 3 minutes. Then, cover the pan with a lid for about a minute to finish cooking the egg. Turn off the heat and prepare the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the olives, olive oil, and parsley.
- Next, add in the grated cheese, top with the fried egg, and serve!